Noah Thomas Leask, an award-winning entrepreneur, technologist, philanthropist and veteran, focuses on innovation, questioning everything, and makes significant impacts wherever he is. In 2006 at the age of 33, he co-founded his first boot-strap technology company, ISHPI, alongside his wife. Under his leadership, it became a seven-time consecutive Inc. 500|5000 Fastest Growing Company. ISHPI, where Noah was President and CEO from 2006-2016 now serving as Chairman, rapidly became and continues to be a stalwart leader in the critical cyber fight supporting the federal government at all levels. Noah was named one of Charleston Regional Business Journal’s “Forty under Forty”, SBA National Small Business Award Winner, SBA South Carolina Small Business Person of the Year, Stayer University Outstanding Alumni and two-time Top 10 American Indian Entrepreneur.
Noah is a technology agnostic geek, learning what he needs to solve the problem at hand regardless of the business, systems, architecture, or languages required. He is one of the U.S. Navy’s first cyber warriors playing a critical role in providing the nation with cyber, information, signals, and technology dominance. He created early warning threat detection systems and networks from system scraps in storage rooms and designed and implemented the first of its kind mail sweeper years before they were introduced, all while under extreme pressure during wartime operations. Noah was on the national Y2K critical manning list for the U.S. and United Kingdom as the lead programmer for two vital world-wide mission critical systems. He led an intelligence agency directory services team, where he upgraded the agency globally to active directory with seamless UNIX mission systems integration removing the need for two workstations on each desktop. His last technology post, he was the chief architect for a 10 year $900M program consolidating a world-wide intelligence agency while delivering a building and the first of its kind multi-level security data center. He now he serves as CTO for another new start up – APC Data Analytics.
The Leask’s feel a great social responsibility to help others and make a difference where they can. They have setup significant scholarships at Bishop England High School for special needs students and at the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians’ for their higher education fund. Most recently, they created the Noah Thomas Leask Distinguished Professor of Information Management and Innovation at the College of Charleston School of Business. He mentors veterans, C-level executives, and students and serves on the boards of ISHPI, APC Data Analytics, Bublish, SOFJOBS.com, and Parabola and the College of Charleston School of Business Board of Governors as well as several nonprofit boards.
Noah holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, Ann Arbor, MI, and a Bachelor of Science in computer Networking from Strayer University, Washington, DC. Noah is marred to Lisa and has three daughters, Brianna, Logan, and Peyton.
Mr. Leask Honors & Awards include:
- 2014 Strayer University Outstanding Alumni Award Recipient
- 2013 CEO of the Year Award Winner CEO World Awards
- 2013 SBA National Small Business Award Winner – Small Business Person of the Year 1st Runner Up
- 2013 SBA South Carolina Small Business Person of the Year
- 2012 and 2011 Inc. Top 10 American Indian Entrepreneurs (#1 in South Carolina)
- 2011 October 30 – Multicultural Entrepreneur of the Week Broadband and Social Justice
- 2010 Charleston Regional Business Journal’s “Forty under Forty” award winner
- 2009 SBA Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year for South Carolina and the Southeast Region
- 2005 Joint Meritorious Service Award from the Director of National Intelligence (DNI)
- 2004 Director’s Certificate of Recognition Award from the Director of NRO
- 2004 Meritorious Unit Award from the Director of NGA
- 2003 Operation Iraqi Freedom Support Award from the Director of NGA
- 2003 Superior Service Award from the Director of Acquisition, NGA
Mr. Leask Community Leadership Contributions include:
- Board of Governors College of Charleston Business School
- Chairman of the Board of Directors Tri-County Autism Puzzle Place Academy (TCAPPA)
- President Ex Officio and Member Board of Directors of the American Indian Chamber of Commerce of SC (AICCSC)
- Treasurer and Member Board of Directors Special Olympics South Carolina (SOSC)
- Member Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce Computer Science Advisory Board
- Member Board of Advisors ECPI College of Technology, Charleston, SC
- Member The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, Cybersecurity Advisory Group
- Entrepreneurial Mentor at the Harbor Accelerator @ the Town of Mount Pleasant, SC (a business accelerator program)
- Former Member Board of Directors Charleston Defense Contractors Association (CDCA) (2009-2012)
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors Rein and Shine (equine assisted therapy)
- Former Member Board of Advisors College of Charleston Realizing Educational and Career Hopes (REACH)